Tuesday, June 25

Random Musings

I'm on school break!... Wait, what? You mean that time when your brain activity declines and you no longer think up great post ideas?...
Yeah.
That's what I really meant.
So, my neglected and rather abused followers, here goes another rambling post about my life and just stuff in general -except, here is the bonus.. This one actually has pictures! It wasn't a one week project, in fact it started with my summer break in an attempt to give me something to do. Hope you guys enjoy!

17 of Lyndsey's Activities:


1. I'm assigned to cook dinner for our family once or twice a week depending on my mom's and my work schedules. Regrettably, due to my failure to read instructions properly, we end up eating extremely salty chicken or mouth burning pepper rolls in recommencement. This is some cookies I made for our family on a Monday night!


 2. Here is my beautiful, problem infested computer; where I do all of my blog updates, school work, and extra curricular media. My I-touch is also hiding there on the left in my I-home stand, which is where I do my texting -yes, feel free to faint or try and convince me to get a real phone, (everyone does). 


3. An amazing drawing of link, done by one of my good friends Maddie! We both are quite obsessed with the Legend of Zelda, if that wasn't apparent by now..
   My top favorite of the Legend of Zelda games are Majora's Mask and Ocarina of time, though I have played the Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword as well. The older games, (my favorites), I played on my Nentendo 64. They just have so much depth and feeling to them, creating worlds of splendor and mystery. The newer ones are decently good, but they lack the same emotional attachment I got from the 64's.
 4. My room -aka- my evil laboratory.

(You can just barley see my doctor who blanket in the right corner.)

 The insides of my closest, with the bare hint of the 'GORGEOUS' picture Ilsa drew of me when we were doing our music lab together.
 
5. I love to draw! I may not necessarily be exceptionally good at it, but I love the feeling of creating something on a blank page. While drawing I usually listen to audio books or music, which -strangely enough, helps me to concentrate.


 6. I love/obsess/craze/adore medieval fantasy -well, any type of fantasy really, but I particularly love eras with swords or steam-punk like worlds! Swords are just so brilliantly epic, as well as bewitching when wielded by someone who can actually use them. Watching or reading about sword fights is like being memorized by expert dancers as they weave in and out of their formations.

 7. I'm a gamer. Yep, pretty much. Things like Harvest Moon, the Legend of Zelda, Gauntlet, Mario, Warcraft 2, Rune factory, Battle for Middle Earth, League of legends, call of duty, halo, Runescape and Fusion Frenzy were part of my childhood as I grew up. Though I still play now, I don't have as much free time as I used to and usually just put it off for when my gamer friends come over. (Because whipping someone else's backside is much more entertaining than massacring a generated computer.)



 Some Legend of Zelda photos I took while my sisters were playing.




 8. My favorite book/series of all time is the 'Mistborn' trilogy, by Brandon Sanderson. It will make you cry. I'm not joking. The whole series is pure gold just waiting to melt your mind into simmering puddles of awe. The characters are so real, the plot so in-depth, and the story absolutely captivating! If I were to be stuck in a room, all alone, for eternity, with only one item to entertain me, I would choose Mistborn without a second thought. If you haven't read it you should seriously consider getting your hands on it as fast as possible! It is a bit on the darker side of things, but that’s me in a mouthful. Even if you don't like darker stuff I would still give it a try. It is by far, the most astonishingly brilliant book of all time.
 

 9. I LOVE Doctor Who, a TV show produced by BBC. No other series has successfully been able to rip my beating heart from my chest, set it on fire, then continue sticking knives in it like Doctor Who has. I literally wept for weeks following the ending of the second series, and I still get tearful just watching fan made videos on You-Tube! Christopher Esccleston, Matt Smith, Martha, Amy, and Rory are amongst my favorites… and okay, maybe Jack as well -*Shhhhh*- David and Rose however, are my all time favorite doctor and companion! 
   If you haven't seen it, I will raid your house-kidnap you, then bind you to a chair in front of the screen so you can watch it. All the while mouthing malicious laughter, (I cant laugh out loud or I'd ruin the movie).


 The doctor and rose <3
 10. I'm a lord of the rings fan.. What can I say? Everything about it is resplendent. The story is so deep and moving, and the filming just astounding. Ive already written a life long post about how much I'm head over heals for the thing, so Ill leave this off on a short note.
 ITS BEAUTIFUL.


11.  I'm such a nerd.. (as though this is a new realization). On most days I can be found curled up in my room clutching a good book to my face, with an intense stare of blankness gripping my face. Reading to me, is our way of reaching out to other worlds and becoming one with other people. You can live their lives, do things you’ve wanted to do forever, and travel to far away places where the only thing keeping you on the ground is magnetic boots!


 12. I'm really protective of my siblings, (especially my cute little sisters). I really wish I could take them to college with me, (Like pack them in a little suitcase and carry them everywhere, wouldn't that be great?!) I love them so much, its going to be like ripping organs out to leave them behind.
~My brother has photo-phobia and avoids getting his picture taken at all costs. By some miracle I managed to find a photo with his toes in it! (Second picture).










13. I'm really into cosmetics -like, fashion, hair, make-up and nails… This picture was taken when I wasn't stressed to death, and still had beautiful long nails. (My automatic response to stress is to take it out on those poor things.)

14. I love anime an manga! My two favorite animes are Chihayafuru and Bleach, and my mangas are Special A and Lovely Complex. Of course, by default I'm a HUGE fan of anything done by Hayao Miyazaki, the director of Howls Moving Castle, Spirited Away, Castle in the Sky, Earthsea and about a dozen other productions.


 

 
 



15. I love school.. Yeah, I know I'm weird, but I actually get excited to start studying each morning! It gives me a purpose, something to expect in the future.
   (Sorry, no pictures on this one!)

16. I love making things with my hands, arts and crafts you could say.




 (This was just pretty)
 



17. Here comes the grand finale! Ive never posted a photo of myself on here, so here goes! My best friend (we are sisters, okay?), Kaitlyn and I are in the last ones.

So this is me, Lyndsey, your mysterious writer and insane fan girl.




Here is beautiful Kaitlynnn!

 

Playing around with the camera today, and was a little caught of guard for a moment! I love this girl to death, she is completely crazy as well as one of the most caring people I've ever known. Not everyone has the capacity to handle me at my worst, but she pulls it off amazingly! Though her shoulder is too skinny to cry on, (I would poke myself, haha!) she is one of the few people who can make me feel better on those world shattering days..

Thanks for reading guys!

1 comment :

  1. OMGGG it's meeee!!! Haha these pictures are sooo cute ^_^ I also love Spirited Away and Castle in the Sky, and I have yet to finish Howe's Moving Castle! (thanks to my wonderful mother who picked me up right before I could see the remainder of the movie..) I love you girl! You're my best friend and I don't know what I would do without you anndddd I feel special to be featured in your blog! Haha :D I'm actually thinking about stealing this idea and doing something on my blog as well? :) (Which isn't NEARLY as put together as yours, due to my lack of determination and time to make it special..I'm thinking of just starting from scratch and deleting everything pointless on there that somehow was typed by someone...(pffft not a younger version of me, of course. It's not like I go on pointless rants and post stupid, meaningless stuff or anything :D) ANYWAY, I'm pretty sure my comment will be the longest on here, (mwahahaha) soooo tata! (and I'm not THAT bony goshdarnit) -___- Hahaha ;)

    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete

You don't have to read these posts. Because of that, I ask that you are respectful when disagreeing with my opinions. I appreciate your support and comments, thank you!